A Holy Saturday walk from South Queensferry eastwards along the coast to Hound Point and then back to the town centre.
The red cantilever, railway bridge is the Forth Bridge.
The other bridge, a suspension bridge, is the Forth Road Bridge.
The Forth Bridge was opened in 1890 and is still going strong.
The Forth Road Bridge was opened in 1963 and is falling apart. So much so that they are in the process of building a brand new bridge, the Queensferry Crossing, to replace it.
The shore path is part of the Dalmeny Estate. The original, thirteenth century, tower house on the estate was built by the Mowbray family. One of their number, a Sir Richard Mowbray decided to go crusading. As he left his home to set out for the Holy Land his dog was so upset and made so much fuss that he had to take him with him. Both human and dog died in battle. To this day the dog haunts Hound Point. But Sir Richard wasn't heard from again.