WITH ALL YOUR SOUL

Now this is a mighty fine slab of soul that should satisfy all your Wednesday lunchtime groove requirements. Anybody who is not in complete emotional meltdown after listening to the first track, simply has no soul. If you are unaffected by Sister Irma's voice, I suggest that you should donate your body to science - now! Your incredibly small sacrifice could help us discover the cause of soullessness and could lead to the groovification of billions of people throughout the world.

ANYONE WHO KNOWS WHAT LOVE IS (WILL UNDERSTAND)
- IRMA THOMAS (above top)
CALIFORNIA SOUL - MARLENA SHAW
BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL - MICHAEL LIGGINS
BROKEN WORLD - SHEMEKIA COPELAND (above right)
CAN WE SHARE IT - RICK SHEPPARD
ANY GIRL IN LOVE (KNOWS WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH)
- KIM WESTON
BITTER WITH THE SWEET - TONY AND TANDY
BRING BACK YOUR HEART - THE DEL VIKINGS (below)
BABY YOU GIVE ME A FEELING - ROY AYERS
BAD TUNE - EARTH WIND & FIRE

Comments

WITH ALL YOUR SOUL — 6 Comments

  1. I slipped the Del-Vikings in, just for you.

    Rick Sheppard, by the way, sang with The Drifters. But I bet you knew that.

  2. Rick Sheppard, by the way, sang with The Drifters.

    I did not know. Sadly, I’ve never paid much attention to the names of the individual members of a group. The Drifters are the Drifters.

    “Bitter With the Sweet” followed by “Bring Back Your Heart” was almost too much.

  3. I’ve worked out I spend about 90 % of the day trying to keep the missus happy and the other 10% trying to keep you happy. It keeps me out of trouble I spose.